Health assessments are a process involving systematic collection and analysis of health-related information on patients for use by patients, clinicians, and health care teams to identify and support beneficial health behaviors and mutually work to direct changes in potentially harmful health behaviors. Health assessments are not intended to be diagnostic tools and they are not complete health histories. Instead, they aim to be one method to engage patients in their own health choices and improve health behaviors for the long term.
Benefits of Health Assessments
– Help clinicians identify and prioritize patient health issues and health goals.
– Help pinpoint focused messages when talking with patients about what matters to their health.
– Help patients understand their current health status and act to improve their health.
– Remind patients to increase their awareness about specific behaviors and habits that affect their health or chronic conditions.
– Track patient health behaviors over time (e.g., physical activity, smoking, stress, or quality of life), which can also help with patient follow-up (with regular assessments).
– Identify issues requiring patient referral to additional resources.
Connect with cAARe Health
© 2022 | cAARe Health | All Rights Reserved.